Date:
Mon, 10 Aug 1992 13:05:00 EST
Looking over Bill Fenwick's posting of Cornell's schedule, I noticed that the
ECAC final four will be at Lake Placid this coming season, instead of the
Boston Garden.  Now, I vaguely remember hearing of this proposed move, but I
had no idea it would be so soon.  I had also read an article in a newspaper
about the Boston Garden being leveled and being replaced by a new facility
across the street.  Does anyone know of the reasoning behind the decision to
move?  Does it have to do with the Garden's "renovation"?  Does this also
mean that Hockey East is relocating?

It's a shame that the long standing tradition of playoffs in the Garden has
to come to an end.  I feel lucky that I've been able to experience them
with the Big Red for the past four years.  There's something very special
about playing and cheering under all those Bruins and Celtics banners.

Craig Bloom
Go RED!!!