From:
Mark Grassl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Grassl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Aug 1992 10:45:59 -0500
>Laura Gillespie writes a bunch of stuff:

	Laura, it is nice to have another WCHA fan aboard.  Remember
	all WCHA fans stick together and bash eastern teams whenever
	possible.  Please don't let this note reach any eastern fans
	as I am already on their s**t list.

	Are you going to be able to give the list regular Denver U.
	updates from NJ?  It doesn't seem like we get much news
	about DU on this list and that is a shame.

>I'd also like to say that I really think that college hockey should get
>more media coverage.

	There have been rumors in the past year about a college hockey
	game of the week on ESPN.  It is hard to guess whether this
	will become a reality.

>I think that this encouragement of violence is also carrying over to the
>colleges, unfortunately.  There is more NHL-style fighting and overt attempts
>to hurt the opponent than there ever used to be, and I think that is a really

	Well here I have to disagree with you.  The college game IMHO
	has cleaned up the game quite a bit.  It is very rare to see
	a large brawl(more than 2 players) in the college game while
	10 years ago I remember quite a few.  There are recent rules, such
	as the hitting from behind rule, designed to make the college game
	less dangerous.  I really haven't seen many incidents where
	people try to injure someone and when it has happened the penalty
	is almost always called.  Just my opinion.

---mg

P.S.  The first paragraph is an attempt at humor, as I'm sure most of you
have already guessed.  I'm just trying to give Laura an example of the
flavor of this mailing list.  By the way, is EVERYONE but me on vacation
this week.