Date:
Fri, 7 Aug 1992 08:22:44 EDT
Just a reminder ------ there were no less than 9 NHL players on the 1992
team (Scott Gordon, Greg Brown, Guy Gosselin, Sean Hill, Moe Mantha, Clark
Donatelli, Joe Sacco, Tim Sweeney and Scott Young) and several other
professional players that were in the minors at the time (including Ray
LeBlanc).  Team Canada has seen the likes of Curt Giles, Sean Burke and
Dr. Randy Gregg in recent years.  The Olympics are already a professional
event, even for North American teams.  They have always (in my recollection)
been a professional event for European and Eastern Bloc teams.  The 1992
Swedish team looked like an NHL roll call - Salming, Naslund, Gustafsson,
and on and on.  The point of all this: nothing really, other than we're
closer to the "Dream Team" syndrome than many would have us believe.

John H
Wishing everyone a great weekend/week/weekend --- I'll be back on the
list on the 17th after returning from Boston.  C-YA!