From:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jul 1992 13:20:06 CDT
From the "Minnesota Scene" column in today's (7/16/92) Star-Tribune:

Hendrickson is set to join brother at 'U'

Danny Hendrickson has committed to accept a hockey scholarship to join
the Gophers for the 1993-94 season.  Hendrickson, the brother of forward
Darby Hendrickson - a sophomore-to-be with the Gophers - has decided to
pass up his senior year of eligibility at Richfield High School to play
with the St. Paul Vulcans in the U. S. Hockey League.

(end of article)

I'm not sure I like this trend of high schoolers choosing to play in the
USHL.  I suppose it's a higher level of experience for them, but those
of us who became college hockey fans by first being high school hockey
fans (I think I can speak for Lisa, Dan, and maybe Erik) have to hope
this isn't a coming thing that siphons off the top Twin Cities high school
players into the Juniors.  Or maybe I'm worrying too much about it!

Oh, and thanks to Dan for posting the news about Doug Zmolek signing with
the Sharks.  We'll sure miss him next year!  I would have posted it
myself, but I was temporarily incomputicado due to what was only described
to us peons as "a catastrophic hardware failure" (which also explains
the new e-mail address).

Pam Sweeney
Go Gophers!!!