From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jul 1992 15:01:30 EDT
Mike writes:
>"The New York Times" reported Tuesday that Grant Slater, son of Terry
>Slater, was named as assistant men's hockey coach at Colgate.  Grant
>played at SUNY Geneseo for two years and at Colgate for two.  I believe
>that he graduated in 1990.

Thanks, Mike, for reporting this - I saw this in a Syracuse paper last
weekend (yes, while visiting Heather - btw, you wouldn't believe all the
Plattsburgh hockey stuff I own now :-)) and I was surprised to see such a
huge article on college hockey in July, but I forgot to post this news.  Mike
is right that Grant did graduate from Colgate in 1990, and he was a member
of the team that won the ECAC and went to the 1990 NC$$ Championship Game.
I don't remember much about him as a player (any Colgate people?), but it's
nice to see him follow in the footsteps of his father.  Maybe someday he'll
take the reins himself at Colgate.

- mike

PS 106 days to go till Merrimack faces off at Western Michigan...