Date:
Mon, 15 Jun 1992 13:53:23 EDT
For the sake of "official" confirmation, Dallas Drake has signed with
the Detroit Red Wings.  I had a conversation with the Red Wings' P.R.
guy this morning and, after I told him that Drake was the third-
leading scorer (tied) in the country last season, while also being
named WCHA Defensive Player of the Year, he said, "sounds Like Sergei
Federov", a reference to the abilities of both players to play
offense and defense.  Dallas, of course, (as Dan Quayle was no Jack
Kennedy) is no Sergi Federov, but he is a talented, tough player who
has a future in the NHL, I believe.

In an unrelated matter, how about a grass-roots, HOCKEY-L campaign (a
la Ross Perot) for Ken Dryden for NHL President.  What a great
choice.  Who wants to be the first on their block with a bumper
sticker that says: Ridin' with Dryden.

Justin Doherty
NMU Asst. SID