From:
Charles Shub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 28 Apr 1992 09:50:20 -0600
Justin Doherty writes....
> It has been the practice of most of the SID offices that I've come
> into contact with NOT to become involved with their school's club
> sports.  It's nothing against club sports; it's just that most SID
> offices, I believe, (probably out of a need to draw the line
> somewhere) concentrate only on their school's varsity athletic
> programs.
>
> Having said that, if SID offices could somehow become involved with
> club sports that would like to become varsity sports, maybe those
> sports would get an extra push needed for attaining varsity status.

I suspect that SID offices, like everywhere else these days, are
operating under some fairly heavy financial constraints.  SID offices
provide two things, people to do the work and KNOW WHO (contacts)

Perhaps an approach for club teams to tap the KNOW WHO network of the
SID office is to supply a volunteer (or two or three) to do the work
so the SID office does not have to devote staff time dollars to the
club team.

charlie shub  [log in to unmask]      -or-        (719) 593-3492
  or even  cdash@colospgs (BITNET)  if the above address won't work