From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 1992 00:45:55 EDT
It's official.  The following six players have been signed to Merrimack
for next season:

FORWARDS (name, team, hometown)
Martin Favreau, Laval Tier II, St Jerome, QUE (home of Warrior Guy Ragault)
Mark Goble, Nepean Raiders, Manotick, ONT
Ryan Mailhiot, Lawrence Academy, Merrimack, NH
DEFENSE
Tom Costa, Austin Prep, Waltham, MA
D.J. MacPhail, Omaha Lancers (USHL), Abington, MA
GOAL
Dan Millar, Thornhill Thunderbirds Tier II, Mississauga, ONT

A good balance of local and Canadian players (3 and 3).  I've heard tremendous
things about Millar and he should work together with current junior Mike
Doneghey to create a fine tandem, as well as not being thrown into the fire
and having some time to learn.  He's projected as The Man after Doneghey
graduates.

Favreau racked up some ridiculous stats and is a high-scoring, good skating,
quick centerman who could start as #3 center behind Gravelle and Fowler (top
two returning scorers).  Goble is projected as a first- or second-line wing.
Mailhiot will add a good dimension to the forward lines and was a guy they
wanted for a while, but I don't know much about him.

Costa and MacPhail will challenge the large set of returning, experienced
Ds for spots.  Both have the ability to step in and earn spots among the
top six right away - MacPhail played with Dan Hodge at Omaha.

It should go without saying, but all projections are my own based on little
things I've heard here and there about the players.  I'm excited about the
superb job that asst. Stu "Willie Nelson (On the Road Again)" Irving and
the Staff have done in landing these players and I hope for the best for them.
---
Mike Machnik    [log in to unmask]   mikem@{beanpot,bubba}.ma30.bull.com
(Any opinions expressed above are strictly those of the poster.)