From:
Dean Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Apr 1992 16:58:48 CDT
> These days if a kid were starting out I would encourage
> him to play basketball over hockey because 1) it economically cheaper
> 2) you can play it anytime you want

I don't know, we tried to play basketball in January in northern Wisconsin,
but the ball didn't bounce very good on packed snow, the ball kept bouncing
off our boots when we tried to dribble, and it was hard to shoot wearing
mittens. But I'll have to admit, the six foot snow banks behind the basket
sure made the alley-oops fun!

> 3) if a kid is really good he can
> make more money in the NBA.

Be like Mike, I wanna be like Mike.

>                                              Eric Hume
>                                              Jr. High Basketball Coach

Hey Eric, :-) :-)
	I know where your coming from. The parents that had kids in hockey
spent a LOT more money than the parents who had kids in basketball. But when
high school came around, the kids in hockey got all the attention, and the
kids in basketball got ignored.

-Dean