Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 1992 11:54:00 EDT
On Hockey-L:

  I apologize for not finding more people in Albany.  I did have the
opportunity to meet Mike Machnik at Thursday evening's game.  I hope
to see you in Kalamazoo in October, Mike.  As for the Hockey-L buttons,
I would KILL for one (not literally, of course, unless it was Bucky
Badger).  Seriously, I'd LOVE a button if anyone could get one to me.
I didn't get one piece of NC$$ memorabilia this weekend because everyting
sucked.

On Albany:

  The trip was cool other than the game.  The Albany Police are kind of
obnoxious, but then again so are we.  I visited Cooperstown briefly and
can't wait to go again.  If you're ever in Cooperstown, take time to eat
at The Pepper Mill.  A great place to unwind with good food.  I managed
to purchase a new helmet and ITECH II shield at the shop in Knickerbocker
Arena.  I broke them in yesterday with a frustration skate.  One of my
traveling companions outfitted himself with about $1900 worth of goalie
equipment, then was so disgusted with the events that he didn't get any
of it.  (He didn't place anything on hold, so no one lost a $1900 sale).

On all-time winning goalies:

  Thanks to everyone for providing the info.  I have to feel the Steve
Shields will easily shatter Kruzich's record of 88 wins.  He should be
able to push the record over 100.  Tune in two years from now and see.

On the 1992-93 Michigan Wolverines:

  Roger mentioned the seniors and the possible NHL jumpers (forwards
Roberts and Wiseman).  I don't think that either will leave Michigan.
I honestly don't think that either could play in the NHL at this point.
Roberts was an All-America selection in 1990-91, but had an off year
this season.  He was drafted by the St. Louis Blues (where he may one
day be reunited with Felsner).  Wiseman is college hockey's version of
Theo Fleury.  Everyone hates him (with good reason) other than his home
team fans.  I truly enjoy watching Brian play and believe that people
make too much of his size (5'6").  However, I think that his size will
keep him out of the NHL for awhile.  He was only a 12th round pick after
being the CCHA rookie of the year and the leading freshman scorer in the
nation in 1990-91.
  If any Wolverines jump to the NHL I feel that defensemen David Harlock
and Aaron Ward would be the prime candidates.  Ward was the 5th pick in
the 1991 draft (Winnipeg), but hasn't shown that he's ready for the NHL.
Harlock will likely return as Captain for the third straight season.  Thus,
I don't see Michigan losing any non-seniors.
  Of the recruits, there are rumors that prep star Ryan Sittler may in
fact not come to Michigan -- going directly from high school to the NHL.
This would be a shame, but if he has the talent...
I wonder if the Red Berenson "4 year program" emphasis is playing with
his decision.  I hope to see Sittler in maize and blue next year.  For
all of his accolades, I still can't see him doing more for the program
than Denny Felsner.

On the 1991-92 Michigan Wolverines:

  I won't bore you with how disappointed I am with their finish.  My
deepest regret is that those in Albany never got a chance to see the
real Michigan team.  Taking nothing away from Wisconsin's stingy defense,
that was arguably Michigan's worst showing of the season.  Those in
attendance missed seeing a truly talented team -- albeit one that never
quite put it together.

On Wisconsin:

  They came farther than most people thought.  I witnessed 7 games
involving WCHA teams this season.  In those, the WCHA was 1-6.  Still,
I don't see Wisconsin as being as good a team as Minnesota or Northern
Michigan.  Obviously, the were doing something right to make it as far
as they did, though.
  I'll try to refrain from sour grapes, but what is with this team?
Wisconsin, its fans in Albany and Bucky the Badger displayed the poorest
sportsmanship I've ever witnessed related to college hockey.  I'd be
ashamed to be a Wisconsin fan.

On Lake Superior:

  Congrats!  I felt all along that LSSU was the team to beat.  Madeley
should have won the Hobey Baker.  Honestly though, Madeley was only the
second best goalie I saw this season.  I managed to catch Patrick Roy
at the Joe ealier in the year.  Ta-da.

Final note:

  Someone PLEASE message me about obtaining a Hockey-L pin.  It would
give me something positive to reflect on regarding this season.  THANKS.

John H
U Mich