Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 1992 16:58:18 EST
From Ross Bracco

>John Haeussler said "The Gophers are actually too gentile for hockey."
>should they recruit more Jewish players?  Them Synagogue Youth leagues
>produce lots of stars.   ;-)

Thanks, Ross, I love it.  I'm living proof that statisticians cannot
spell.  For the record, Minnesota is a "gentle" team.

Also, I believe that David (apologies if it wasn't) mentioned Derksen's
career win total.  I'd like to see a listing of the top 5 or 10 goalies
in NC$$ history as far as wins.  As most of you know, I'm not a prominant
member of the Steve Shields fan club.  However, the Michigan netminder
is well into the 50's in career wins (53 I believe, but I'm not positive)
and he's only a sophomore.  Shields isn't the best goalie, but he may
become the winningest goalie in Division I history.

John
UMich