Date:
Sun, 29 Mar 1992 11:33:26 EST
O.K., I'm going to crucified by my friends in East Lansing, but...

All I've been hearing from the easterners is what a great player Dwayne
Norris (MSU) is and why isn't he a Hobey Baker candidate.  Yes, he is
a great player.  Yes, I've been touting him as an All-American.  Yes, he
did gather CCHA player of the year honors (I won't go into that).

But...

Norris led the nation in power play goals.  He was third in the nation
in short-handed goals.  Of his remaining goals, approximately 1/2 came
4-on-4 or 3-on-3.  The guy is NOT a threat when the game is 5-on-5.
I don't have the current numbers, but I think I'm correct in saying that
45-55 of his points have come on the power play alone.  I love the fact
that State toppled the UnstoppableBlackBears.  But I still feel that the
easterners have not witnessed the CCHA's two best players, Felsner and
Madeley.

John Haeussler
Univ of Michigan