From:
Duke Of Earl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Mar 1992 13:03:07 EST
Well it had been a long time coming, but NMU Senior Scott Beattie scored
his seasons first hat trick to help NMU defeat Clarkson 8-4.  The
WildCats are now 25-13-3 and advance to Sunday's match against Michigan
at 4:30 pm at the Joe Louis Arena, Detroit.

We did not receive a broadcast here in Marquette; yet, our announcer Joe
Blake, called an exciting game.  Northern busted the score in the second
period after Clarkson went up 4-2.  NMU scored five unanswered goals
after the Golden Knights scored their fourth goal.  Goaltender Currie of
the Golden Knights was pulled in the second period in favor of Chris
Rogles.

My observation of NMU this past season is that if Sardiff is playing
well and NMU starts its scoring machine, they can match up to any team
in the country.  One of the teams weapons has finally been
unleached.....Hobey Baker candidate Scott Beattie.  I am really glad for
Scott that he had a five point evening.  It should really boost his
confidence.

Frank Cole of HE was the ref and there is a great picture in the Sports
section of _The Mining Journal_ of Cole being squished against the
boards by Tony Szabo of NMU and Scott Thomas of Clarkson.

Clarkson       1     3     0     4
NMU            1     6     1     8

--