From:
David Parter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 1992 11:06:05 CST
Carol writes:
>            I was still getting over the SHOCK of having positively THE WORST
>  referee in the WCHA for the Playoff Championship game.  It was an absolute
>  disgrace for Ron Foyt to assign Buzzy ("See what?") Christensen to the
>  Championship game.

>  I like Piotrowski as a referee also, and he can come to the WCHA anytime! I
>  know there is at least one person on the list who will not agree with me, but
>  it's a sad fact that the WCHA officials are going down the tubes.

Rumor from the WCHA tournament, via Bill Brophy (Wisc. State Journal
sports editor, radio commentator, and regular on the Jeff Sauer TV
Show):  Ron Foyt may be out as WCHA Supervisor of Officials. No word on
possible replacements.

Does anyone know how the refs are assigned for the NCAA playoffs.  I
recall in past years that the ref was always (usually?) from a
different league as the two teams... but the linesmen were local.
Now that there are regional sites it seems like it should be
possible to get neutral linesmen as well....

	--david