From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 1992 15:20:25 EST
Glen Keeney's bracket is the correct one.  That information is courtesy of
the media notes I received at Hockeyfest.  Basically, should the top two
seeds make it from each region it would be 2W vs 1E and 1W vs 2E, not 2W-1W
and 2E-1E.  This is not any different from the (recent) past.  (Last year,
1E Maine played 2W NMU in the semifinal while 2E BU played Clarkson, which
had beaten 1W LSSU.)

Note that the earlier parts of the bracket ARE different from last year.  This
may be what has some people confused.  Previously, the winner of 6W-3E would
cross over and play 2W, for example.  Since the top four teams in each region
all go to the same regional now, this was changed so that 6W-3E will play 2E.
And so on.

My understanding is that the higher "home" seeds will play the later games in
the regionals.  Thus, we'd have the following schedule:

Providence, Thur March 26
5:00 5W MSU vs 4E BU
8:00 6W Wis vs 3E UNH
Detroit, Fri March 27