From:
Michael Neal <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Neal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 20:06:02 -0600
----- Original Message -----
From: "John T. Whelan" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2001 6:03 PM
Subject: NCAA Seedings

> Now, what I don't understand is why CC was sent East instead of
> Wisconsin and Providence went West instead of SLU.  I guess the former
> can be attributed to attendance, but the latter clearly wasn't to
> avoid a second-round HE game, since one of those is possible anyway.

I get the sense that the committee has decided to put more emphasis on the
1-12 seedings and producing the proper pairings from that.  Obviously, it is
the only consideration, or Michigan would be headed east and Maine west.
Perhaps we should have seen it coming with the article on USCHO about the
possibility of Boston College going to Grand Rapids.

> BTW, Mike, shouldn't you be annoyed that the NCAA has made another
> unpublicized policy change?

I'm shocked, SHOCKED to find unpublicized policy changes from the committee.

My lack of anger over this is, of course, completely unrelated to the fact
that this time, they've done something that I've been screaming that they
should do for years.

J. Michael Neal