Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 1992 08:42:12 CST
<Jon Greene writes...>
> Subject:      Re: Brian Jopling
>
> Jon Greene
>
> P.S. Contrary to some disparaging remarks that I heard at the recent
> Harvard-RPI game there really are some engineers on the RPI team.  For
> example, Joe Juneau majored in Aeronautical Engineering and Tony Hejna
> of HOCKEY-L fame majored, I believe, in Mathematics (close enough - and
> probably harder anyway).

I think it was generally conceded that Aero was the toughest major at RPI.
Some of the biggest weed-out courses came during senior year.  I knew
quite a few people whose pictures in the yearbook say "Aero" but graduated
"Mech".  I think Aero had the largest number of required credit hours
to graduate also.

It is an accomplishment to graduate in a technical discipline, and those
gentlemen who were accomplished on the ice as well really epitomize the
concept of Student/Athlete.  I don't want to start any war over who went
to a better school, but I do want to point out that, in the money sports,
this concept is slowly dying out, and the NC-- pays lip service to it
at best.

/matt

P.S.  ...and for Brian -  Those of us who were fans in '86 remember
you well.  I wonder how many other RPI hockey alums are going to stumble
on to this list...

--

Matthew W Jonson       [log in to unmask]

None of this has to do with any opinion of the Government.