From:
Eric Rickin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 1992 20:53:28 -0500

>Germany is protesting Canada's shootout win yesterday.  The rules clearly
>state that if the first round of shots ends with the teams tied, then for
>the sudden death round, the order of teams shooting must switch such that
>Germany should have gone first.  But Lindros went first for Canada (and
>scored).  The decision should come later today from the IIHF.

I perssonally don't see how it matters whether lindros or the german
shot first.  The other team always has the chance of tying it up.
Anyway, all protests have to be made before the actual shot, according
to the Canadian omypic committee, so they expect nothing to happen.
However, tomorrow, if the olympic committee sides with Germany, the
sudden death shootout will take place again.

--
[log in to unmask] (Eric Rickin) or [log in to unmask]
Go: Penguins, Red Wings, Jr. Barons, Thunderbirds, and Cavs!