From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 1992 17:33:42 EST
Germany is protesting Canada's shootout win yesterday.  The rules clearly
state that if the first round of shots ends with the teams tied, then for
the sudden death round, the order of teams shooting must switch such that
Germany should have gone first.  But Lindros went first for Canada (and
scored).  The decision should come later today from the IIHF.

Today, we had the following results:
Switzerland 7, Poland 2
  SWI plays NOR for 9th place; POL plays ITA for 11th place.
Unified Team 6, Finland 1
  EUN got 2 goals in each period in a solid win.
SWE vs TCH (score unknown)

So USA plays EUN Friday at 11 am live on CBS (taped in Pacific time zone).
I want to warn folks that I may not be here to send out updates.  I've been
waiting 12 years for this and I'm going to find a way to watch it live if
I can.

- mike