Date:
Sat, 8 Feb 1992 22:23:04 EST
Yes, it's true... Dartmouth actually had an undefeated weekend. I was not at
the (away) games (5-5 vs. RPI and 8-3 vs. Union), but from listening to the
games on the radio it seemed like both the RPI and Union games were very
physical games - with more penalty minutes being assessed that in the last
10-15 games we played added together. This is (was) certainly not Dartmouth's
style for the last two years and I was wondering what had triggered these
kinds of games. Maybe someone at the games could describe what happened.
After scoring an average of about 2 (YES, that's TWO) goals a game for the
entire year, the Dartmouth team erupted for 13 goals this weekend. [Does that
mean that we are not allowed any more goals for the next 4.5 games? :)]

It is nice to see some of the upperclassmen, who have experienced 3 coaches
in 4 years, get some goals and apparently have a good time. It also seems as
if the freshmen and sophomores are finally beginning to gel into solid hockey
players. We played quite well against St. Lawrence last weekend and now it is
not unreasonable to think about a win or two next weekend against Yale and
Princeton.

I am sure that their level of play this past weekend has given a boost to the
players on the Dartmouth team and restored their confidence significantly.
Although suffering from incosistent play all year (can they play 60 good
minutes in a row?), it was clear that at times Dartmouth could skate with
most other teams. Hopefully we will begin to win some games and bring
exciting hockey back to the Dartmouth fans and team members - it has been
absent far too long.

Bob Gross