Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 1992 08:27:06 EST
David E. Bender writes:
>After having watched Mr. Haeussler flame on Bowling Green and Coach York for
>the past several days, I feel compelled to make several comments in favor of
>York and his program:

Get real!  I have not flamed Jerry York nor the Bowling Green program as
you have stated.  As a CCHA fan, it's disheartening to see one of our
premier programs of late struggling.  When one thinks of collegiate
hockey powers of the 1980s, BGSU and MSU certainly do the CCHA proud.
(Sorry LSSU, I think of you as a late 1980s-1990s team).  It does upset
me that people in the position of setting the record straight such as
Keith Instone "will not even dignify" the discussion at hand.  Keep in mind
that ALL media sources (Michigan Daily, Ann Arbor News, local radio) have
been attributing the Charles Manson comment to Coach York for 2 years.
If he DID NOT say this, then I do apologize.  Why has no one ever stood
up and cleared Jerry over the last 24 months?

Also, MR. BENDER, I have been to BG and I enjoy seeing their national
championship banner (check this out before you rip someone for it).
It's still my opinion that the BG fans are the most obnoxious in the
CCHA.  If you want to attribute this to Coach York and his program, go
ahead, I DON'T.  Coach York may consider recruiting some of the BG fans,
they are are more physical bunch than the BG players (which is saying
something -- BG knows how to play physical).  Please note that my comments
(OPINIONS) have never included BG as being a chippy-dirty team.  Matt Ruchty
(since departed) was at times (when he was on the ice) a cheap player, but
the BG team as a whole does not need to resort to such tactics.

>3.  Lastly, I have never, ever heard any one call into question the character
>of Coach York...

Neither have I, MR. BENDER.

P.S. - I'll add my apology here for the MR. BENDER tone, but in future
posts, if you're going to personally attack me at least call me John,
Mr. Haeussler is a crock.  We are all here because of our interest in
college hockey and I don't feel the need for (or desire) such formalities.
Thank you.

John Haeussler
Univ of Michigan('89,'90)
GO BLUE!