From:
Robin Lock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 1992 00:01:54 EDT
1. On flying objects: St. Lawrence's Chris Lappin shattered his stick on
a slapshot in Saturday's Clarkson game, sending the blade richocheting
hard off the very highest point of the Appleton Arena roof before plumeting
back to the ice.

2. On team superstitions and rituals:  I'm sure there's lots of these. For
example, a half dozen current Saints have established a very involved and
closely choreographed routine before going to the bench at the start of each
period - sort of reminiscent of the Globetrotters weave.  I'd be interested
in hearing if they use it on the road.

3. On an old item:  What's happened to the listing of national scoring and
goaltending statistical leaders which was appearing on the list earlier this
season?

4. On women's ice hockey:  The SLU women's team just returned from a European
tour on which they netted a 4-1-0 record against teams in Germany, Austria,
and Switzerland.

5. Finally a trivia question: What college hockey team has won ELEVEN national
ice hockey championships in the past two decades???  Responses can be sent to
me privately and I'll post a list of correct responders.

Robin Lock      rlock@stlawu  (Bitnet)
St. LAwrence University