From:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 1992 10:30:56 EST
There are too many coincidences in this "puck in the crowd" discussion
for me not to contribute my 2 stories.

#1. My most vivid "puck in the crowd during play" memory comes from the
arena in question, Yost Arena at the University of Michigan. It was at least
3 years ago. BGSU just scored a very important goal and the UofM goalie
(Tim Keough?) picked up the puck and threw it into the crowd. He hit a girl
*near the top row* in the head.

#2 My most vivid "puck in the crowd during warm-ups" memory comes from
LAST WEEK. At home against Western Michigan, a puck flew up into our
section, my row in fact (row 8), and landed 5 seats from me. Nodody saw it
coming (or else we would have jumped in front of it) and it hit a 1 year-old
girl. I do not know whether the impact of the puck or the impact from the
fall caused by the puck did the damage, I just know she has a fractured
skull. No blame was placed on anyone, because nobody saw where it came
from, but given the angle, it could have been a deflection from center ice.
Moral: if you have toddlers, sit up high.

Keith I.