Date:
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 12:49:27 -0500
Well, I guess I don't really "care," but I do think that was an excellent
and well-researched post.  I question both Yale and Princeton being included
in the top 20, but to be honest I have nary a clue as to which one will turn
back into a pumpkin.  It's too much to ask that they both do, at least this
year.

Harvard looks good on paper.  Again.  But as long as Ronn Tomassoni
continues to channel the spirit of Brian McCutcheon ("dump and change"), the
Crimson will be erratic (to be charitable).  As for the aforementioned's
alma mater, I do not think Cornell will make any sort of move in the
standings until after January, although with goaltending stability I do
think they are a serious challenger in the ECAC post-season.  Schafer seems
to have adopted an NHL strategy: don't worry about the first two months,
figure out who you have and what they are worth, and then gear it all to the
PS rush.  Of course, Lovable Jack does the same thing over at BU, except
their idea of slumming through the first half of the year is .750, while
Cornell's is .500 punctuated by 11-0 losses in even-numbered seasons, and
leave us not forget those fun trips to Schenectedy.

The RPI team we saw in the playoff last season, now seasoned, has no
business finishing lower than third (below Clarkson and the Yale-Princeton
non-melon (or gourd. Or squash.  Whatever).  I know, I know, one major loss
and one major defection up front, but they kept the more talented Tapper,
and the goaltending twins should keep them in every game.

I think Clarkson will walk away with the ECAC title, and finish in the top 5
nationally.  But I always think that.

Colgate supasseth all understanding.  They and Vermont are darkhorses to
have improbably strong seasons.

My "You Don't Care" ECAC predictions:

1.  Clarkson
2.  RPI
3.  Harvard
4.  Yale
5.  Cornell
6.  Princeton
7.  Vermont
8.  SLU
9.  Colgate
10.  Brown
11.  Dartmouth
12.  Union

TBRW prediction:

  1.   Yale
  2.   Clarkson
  3t.  RPI
  3t.  Vermont
  5.   Harvard
  6.   St. Lawrence
  7.   Brown
  8.   Princeton
  9.   Dartmouth
 10.   Cornell
 11.   Colgate
 12.   Union

Full story with numbers and everything under the ECAC Predictions --> 1999
links, http://www.spiritone.com/~kepler/tbrw.html

-- Greg