From:
Adam Wodon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 23:29:15 -0600
> You guys just don't understand Bostonians; it's not that they hate you,
> it's just that they're *better* than you are.
>
> How many Bostonians does it take to change a light bulb?  (I originally
> told this one about Michigan alumni.)
>
> Only one.  And boy does that make them feel superior to the rest of us.

Sorry to continue this thread ---- but I am reminded of my favorite
Boston observation ...

It's such a cliche that driving there is tough ... but it's soooo
incredibly true.  Try driving around Boston -- not being from there --
and I dare you not to get lost.  It cannot be done.  I've often gone out
of my hotel, in a car, and tried to drive around the block - just for
sport.  I always get lost.  One time I left the Cambridge Hyatt, hoping
to drive by Fenway and go back.  I wound up at Logan Airport.

Thus -- to bring this back to college hockey -- if you are going to
Boston, DON'T DRIVE!!  Trust me.  I warned my parents about this, they
laughed it off, and they got lost.  If you must drive, find a VERY
detailed road map.

The funny thing is, I get the sense that Bostonians love it this way ...
drive the out-of-towners insane.  The other funny thing is, ask a
Bostonian for directions, they can't do it.  This is such a cliche
again, and I used to laugh it off - but it's 100% true.

Anyway -- I love Boston just the same.

AW