Date:
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 16:52:36 -0600
Joseph M LaCour wrote:

> IF the tournament was expanded to 16, I'd like to see automatics just for
> the conference tourny champ with the rest of the field decided on PWR.
> The "Clarkson Rule" can stay, I suppose.

I think just the opposite.  I see an increasing trend (not just in college
hockey, but all over) to make the regular season less and less important; I
find it rather distressing.  We have roughly five months of regular season,
and one month of playoffs.  Shouldn't the five months be more important?  All
in all, I'm more impressed by the team that can show up and perform night in
and night out over a long grind rather than one that can reel off five
stellar games in a row.  Where were they back in December.  I certainly think
that the regular season champ is more worthy of a tournament selection than a
playoff champion.

J. Michael Neal