From:
Mike Zak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Jan 1992 13:13:21 EST
I understand that if one of your opponents loses to another team, your
team is likely to drop in their rating.  Looking at the UMass-Lowell-
Yale game mike showed that all of the ECAC dropped.  Now looking at
Clarkson and St. Lawrence, we have two teams who have played both
UMass-Lowell and Yale.  Both Clarkson and St. Lawrence beat UMass-Lowell
at Lowell, while Clarkson beat Yale at home and St. Lawrence tied
Yale at home as well.  I realize that the drop in rating for both
Clarkson and SLU were small, but why did SLU drop less than Clarkson?
Looking at the other HE games played by these two teams, Clarkson is
3-1, while SLU is 3-2, Clarkson lost to NE, while SLU lost to BC and
UNH.  I bet there probably are several various reasons on which we
could speculate this.  I just thought that it was interesting to point
this out.

Mike Zak
Clarkson '87, '91,...