Date:
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 08:20:01 -0700
At 08:54 AM 3/24/98 -0600, you wrote:

>Please pay attention.
>Everything you have stated in this e-mail is so far off ... but people
>just LOVE to be able to say that someone else screwed up, or someone
>else is incompetant, instead of just admitting that you have no idea
>what's going on.

Adam, what's your problem with me having trouble understanding this?

I've asked you nicely in the past to refrain from your public posts which
do little else than to state that I'm a [expletive] idiot.

I've never denied that I have no idea what's going on. That's why I ask
questions. When did I ever say someone screwed up? When did I say someone
is incompetent? Never. However I did say (in just about every post I wrote)
that "I am confused" and "how does this happen" and "what if this team loses."

All of my original questions centered around HOW THE TOURNAMENT WAS
DECIDED. That includes both who makes it in to the tournament, as well as
who gets seeded. To me -- and to many others -- it's not purely
cut-and-dried, by the numbers, blah blah blah blah.

YES, after all the games were done on Saturday one could figure out the
brackets. It's also clear though that many people involved in the sport
were unable to do it as accurately as others. Does that mean the rest of us
are idiots, who shouldn't ever bother to ask questions or raise opinions?

I raised my voice when I heard that a significant reason for sending Yale
to the West was attendance. To me, this seems somewhat unfair and greedy by
the NCAA... but what else is new? Likewise, I don't think that "just
because" a team (such as Michigan) is considered the "host" of a regional,
that prevents them from being shipped elsewhere.

Yes, these things are straightforward. Does that mean I can't question them?

No wonder so many people have simply dropped off this list. I'd say "see
you in Boston!" but frankly, I hope not.

greenie
S P O O N  ! !
(go BU)

Since BU dropped football, does that mean Silber fumbled?
Real grass at Nickerson for the *real* football! Yippee!