From:
"Derek D. Gordon" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Derek D. Gordon
Date:
Sat, 31 Jan 1998 10:52:34 -0500
Friday night's game was outstanding.  Miami controlled the tempo early and
held it until almost the third period.  The problem here (and both schools
fans should agree) was the AWFUL refs.  The linesmen did fine, but Kelly
called a terrible game.  I have never heard Munn boo as loudly as they did
after the overtime period was completed.  MSU was guilty of hooking all
night with only one stick penalty called (slashing) and Miami was boarding
and checking from behind all night.  Honestly, Kelly did such a  bad job I
afraid it's the worst i've seen in about two years.

On the way out of the rink, a fan reached ove rthe boards and struck the
ref and linesmen.  The linesmen took exception and went back out to
confront the fan, but the police kept them seperated.

Sorry about my awful spelling, my degree is in math.

derek