From:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 1997 14:59:55 -0500
WABU-TV appears to have a new feature called
"Around The Rinks" with commissioner Joe Bertagna.
As usual, he talked about the things that would be
best for all of "eastern" hockey but seemed to be
relishing somewhat this season's apparent
domination by HockeyEast over the ECAC. He's
keeping score anyways.

One of the things he's working on for next year
will be a "double-header" at Madison Square Garden
featuring two HockeyEast teams against two ECAC
teams. He didn't get any further into it than
that.

Lets thank God that Mark Mowers injury appears to
be less severe than those in attendance were
fearing. The reports on Hockey-L certainly sound
like it was scary being there. I'm not sure if the
"cheap-shot" label can be justified ... and I'm
only basing that on my novice exposure to Maine
hockey. I've never known them to be cheap in
nature .. or even that physical. They are also the
least penalized team in HockeyEast. But, if Chris
Heisenberg knows more about a
"take-it-to-the-edge" attitude being sold to Maine
players by their coach, I'd love to hear more.

Now, does Guite incur a one-game suspension,
keeping him out of the Providence game on Friday?

Look at the Huskies! They've gone 6-5-1 and have
beaten the likes of B.C., Merrimack (when they
were hot), and Providence twice (who's only other
loss was to Maine). They have a home-and-home with
Amherst this weekend. It is very possible they'll
still be in first place in HockeyEast come the
first of the year. A lot of people would still be
surprised that Crowder worked his magic in less
than two years, but not I. Aside from that, when
is the last time a first place HockeyEast team had
more goals against than goals for?