From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 1992 12:10:08 EST
>I don't believe the reason for Maine's drastic drop in the TCHCR poll
>was a result of them beating two weaker teams, but rather its loss to a
>supposedly weaker Wisconsin team.

Keith will answer all our questions, I'm sure :-), but playing a weak
team is often worse than being beaten by a good team.  To my way of
thinking, Maine may be the best team in college hockey this year, but
should be ranked where they are by TCHCR (or any computed ranking)
because of a very weak schedule.

(I look forward to the next 20 or so Maine games that won't be so easy!)

A potential serious flaw to TCHCR (or any computed ranking) this year is
the overall decline in inter-league play.  The "connection" between
teams of the various leagues will rest on too few games.

Wayne