From:
David Morgenstern <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 1997 14:20:13 -0400
Thanks Adam for the info.  It's all coming back now about the 18 year olds
opting in.  I think they did that to avoid the potential lawsuits from 18
year olds that had no desire to play in college or another year in juniors.
Sort of like the NBA opening the flood gates to the high school players.

I for one am grateful for the rule allowing older players into the regular
draft.  Thanks to that the Bruins got Laaksonen.  I (and my Ranger fan
brother who is pissed the Bruins got him) was very impressed with him at
the regionals.  He skated around the UVM defense like they were pylons, and
he was just as good against BU.  I would love to hear from DU fans that
will tell me he did this all year long.

Dave