From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 1997 12:51:16 -0800
On Wed, 2 Apr 1997, jim wrote:

> I feel a need to add my two cents, considrering how close the BU games were in
> the semis and the finals, and how close the BU Maine games were at the end of
> the season...Maine was the best team in the nation at the end of the season, but
> I guess that the best team doesn't always win...hmmmmm.
>
> so it was not maize and blue, blue and bananas

I was thinking about it, and I agree that the best team wasn't in the
tournament, but it wasn't Maine...it was Air Force.

You see, Michigan started the season as the best team, and this was shown
by their number 1 ranking in all polls and computer rankings.

But they tied Cornell, therefore Cornell is as good as Michigan. Cornell
then tied Army, so therefore Army is as good as Cornell, who is as good as
Michigan. Air Force then closed out their season with a win over Army, so
Air Force is better than Army, who are as good as Cornell and Michigan.

Congratulations Falcons! :-P

Tongue FIRMLY implanted in cheek,
John

--
John Edwards, BA                  Minister of Chasing Wild Geese (DNRC)  O-
[log in to unmask]       http://www.islandnet.com/~jedwards