From:
Joel Mack <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joel Mack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 1997 10:20:06 -0600
Just got my "Send us your down payment" letter from Nebraska-Omaha and I
have a question for y'all:

Do other schools charge you for the right to purchase priority seating?
According to this letter, I have to pony up an additional $1000 beyond
the cost of 4 tickets in order to have the best chance at the rinkside
seats I stood in line for 8 months ago.  The letter goes on to explain
that if I elect not to spend the extra $, I will be assigned my seats
based on my reservation # AFTER all the Joe Moneybags who reserved on the
last day of sale have been seated before me.  So much for treating the
early supporters well...

Is this a common practice among Div I schools, or is UNO just playing
"gouge the college hockey-starved consumer"?

Thanks!
Joel

         Joel Mack            | "Wish in one hand and crap in the
   [log in to unmask]    |  other, and see which piles up first"
       MiSTie #62349          |                 - MST3K