From:
"Andrew J. Weise" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew J. Weise
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 1997 21:00:34 -0500
>#6 Princeton at #3 Vermont
>#5 Union at #4 Rensselaer - wow, what a great matchup for
>the Capital District
>===
>Two series where picking the road team would not be a bad
>bet.  Does defense win championships or do (pardon Dickie
>V) PTP'ers?
>
>I would not be suprised if the road teams win.  And if I'm
>Clarkson, I get to say Oh #$%, not again, another defensive
>team in the semis.

You're presuming that Clarkson will get past the quarterfinals.
The ECAC is pretty solid from top to bottom, so I'm not giving
any gimmes. Harvard always gives Clarkson trouble, Yale is
playing well right now, and SLU is SLU as far as Clarkson is
concerned.

I do agree that Vermont beating Princeton and RPI beating Union
are no guarantees....

Andy Weise
SUNY Potsdam '93
Union College ;95