Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 1997 09:57:26 -0600
Jason W. Roy wrote:

> I just got off the phone with my buddy who lives in the Twin Cities and
> he told me rumour that I havent seen on the list yet...Ok here it is.....
> ......Woog is out as Gopher head coach next year and Dean Blais is in.....
> I think he said he heard it at the Wisc/Gopher game last
> night......another thought.............Blais does recruit Out-of-State
> players.......Its probablly just a rumour....but its definitly an
> interesting one.......

This rumor actually goes back about three weeks.  I think there probably
would have been more substance to it if Minnesota hadn't rallied over
their last five games.  If the Gophers had continued the terrible
performances they had thrown up for six weeks, the disgruntlement level
around here probably would have been deafening.  Instead, they turned it
around and tied for first.  Barring something very serious coming out of
the Chris McAlpine (not Justin McHugh as mentioned elsewhere, unless I
really missed something), I'd be very surprised to see a change made.

J. Michael Neal