From:
"Todd D. Milewski" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Todd D. Milewski
Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 1997 21:30:52 -0600
First of all, let me say a big thank you to everyone that helped out in
getting me to Mariucci Arena on Saturday.  Everything turned out very well.

Secondly, if you ever have the chance to see a hockey game at Mariucci, GO!
That building is the best I have ever watched a hockey game in.  The Bradley
Center used to be my favorite, but when you hear the thunder that can come
out of this place, it's really exciting (even for me, a Badger fan until
(and probably after) I die).  While I am in no way associating myself with
liking the Gophers :), I was really having fun after the game watching the
award ceremony from the Gopher bench (you really can go ANYWHERE with a
media pass!)  I even shook Doug Woog's hand, and congratulated him.  When I
was done interviewing Ryan Kraft, I told him, "good luck."

This all seemed weird to me as I was walking back to the hotel, and started
thinking that this was the team that beat my beloved Badgers.  I was
actually enjoying watching the GOPHERS celebrate.  I'm disappointed that UW
didn't win, but I don't feel as bad as I usually do when Wisconsin loses to
Minnesota.

When my dad and I were done with my newspaper business, we just took a lap
around the building.  We stopped to look at everything there: the pictures,
the awards, the murals (which are especially beautiful).  This was the kind
of place that was really hard to leave, knowing that it's probably going to
be a long time until I get there next (I hope not, but you never know).
It's hard to believe that someone could get this way about a building, but
it happened.

I guess Mariucci does strange things to you as soon as you walk in.

Todd
By Todd D. Milewski             [log in to unmask]
of The Cardinal staff           [log in to unmask]
                                http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/5614