From:
"Brett C. Harvey" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brett C. Harvey
Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 1997 21:05:46 -0600
Some of this "rumor" was fueled by the StarTribune article that appeared in
Saturday March 1, 1997's paper
http://www.startribune.com/cgi-bin/stOnLine/article?thisStory=45175521

This article brought up the same "rumor" that was mentioned here.

There have been other such rumors and only time will tell.  Supposedly
(heard from some professors at the U) Alumni and others have been ticked
off because Woog hasn't brought home the BIG ONE and the Justin McHugh
controversy was just the thing people were looking for to oust Woog.  Only
time will tell.  But what reason (other than him being a former gopher)
would Blais want to change from North Dakota after such a strong season
there.    Somehow I doubt this.   Also, if Blais DID come here -- the fact
that he currently recruits Out-of-State  doesn't really matter - once he's
here where there are numerours potential gophers to chose from, he may go
with tradition and stay in-state.   Let's face it - how many recruits come
out of North Dakota?   I think the choices are far less and therefore he's
basically forced to recruit out-of-state.

Brett C. Harvey