From:
"Janet B. Hodgson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Dec 1991 09:13:15 EST
We were at Cornell during the Harkness years and never saw or heard anything
that would support a reputation as an arrogant and dirty coach.  He seemed
genuinely interested in the hockey players and when taken in light of today's
academic muddle, especially in basketball, most of his players graduated
in four years - no mean feat.  Greg, I think, asked the other day why he
left at the height of his Cornell achievements.  He left to become coach
of the Detroit Red Wings.   He stayed there only a short time and then we
heard he was operating a rink in Glens Falls, NY.   I was interested to
hear of a connection with Elmira (college?)