From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Feb 1997 15:13:40 -0800
On Sun, 23 Feb 1997, Emmitt Smith wrote:

I just have a couple of silly questions to ask.

> share of the WCHA title and the historic MacNaughton Cup.  The sellout
> crowd of 6067 witnessed the cup presentation, since it was UND's final
> home game.

Hmmm. I have to ask, was the arena actually full, or was it "sold out"
like the Denver game I had to sneak into back in October? (That one claimed
to be sold out but had tons of empty seats.)

> While the Cup itself is not mathemically clinched outright, the No. 1
> seed for the WCHA playoffs is, as the Sioux hold the tiebreaker
> advantage, having outscored the Gophers 20-19 in the season series.  It
> is up in the air as to whether the Sioux have clinched an NCAA berth, as
> even league commissioner Bruce McLeod could not answer this question.

What would happen were the Gophers to pull into a tie? Would there be
co-champions?

See you later,
John

--
John Edwards                       Minister of Chasing Wild Geese (DNRC)  O-
[log in to unmask]       http://www.islandnet.com/~jedwards