From:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 1991 15:12:55 EST
Relating to all 4 threads at once, hoping to quelch some of them:

1. BG fans throw hats after hat tricks. Doesn't everybody??

2. BG fans read papers during the opposing team introductions. A lot
of schools do this, I imagine. BUT, we yell "Who's he? Nobody!!" after each
one is announced. It can be very intimidating. A few years back the CCHA
coaches voted to change the format of the intros: no longer do the players
skate to center ice when announced--they keep skating in circles, sorta
ignoring us. The PA announcers were even told to speed up their intro
of each starter, but we managed to squeeze in our chant. Nowadays, the PA
guys are back to the old, slow pace. We feel this rule change was caused
directly by our cheering. Oh well, we can do lots of others things for
home ice advantage that they can't legislate.

3. The BG band does not travel, except to the Joe for the CCHA finals.
For some games, we have no band, just an organist. Ugh. Pull the plug.

4. BG does not have hockey cheerleaders. LSSU is the only CCHA team with them.

Keith