From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 1991 12:44:46 EST
Michael writes...
>And for those who think this does not belong on HOCKEY-L, remember that
>college athletics is more than just the sport - it's the spectacle
>and the aura surrounding it.  I think it's time for fan wars now -
>my vote goes to Bowling Green for the best fans in the country.

From your HOCKEY-L administrator ...

   If you make a posting, then you should expect a significant portion
   of HOCKEY-L to find it interesting and informative.  Just because you
   think it's cute or if it's interesting only to your school, there is
   *no place* for it on HOCKEY-L.

I'm sure we'd get several hundred different opinions of what belongs or
doesn't belong on the list, but let me remind you that ...

   discussing what belongs on HOCKEY-L does not belong on HOCKEY-L!

I agree that Pep-band discussions have their place on HOCKEY-L.  What we
do *not* have room for on HOCKEY-L is petty my-band/team/mascot/fans
is/are better than yours.

We have this list to share information about college ice hockey.  That
some band has 80 members or that there are try-outs for some bands are
great points for the list.

Talk to the list as you would your boss's boss or your most formal, busy
professor or perhaps a recruiter from whom you *really* want a job.
There is room for lots of discussion topics on HOCKEY-L, but we must all
be responsible citizens!

For anyone that cares to share their opinion, please take the discussion
off-line at one of the addresses below.

Thank you,

Wayne Smith
The College Hockey Discussion List administrator
BITNET/CREN:  wts@maine
internet:     [log in to unmask]