From:
Michael Burger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 1991 10:35:41 -0700
Let me contribute something on one of the vastly improved bands, the
Michigan Hockey Band.  When I joined as a frehsman drummer in '87, there
were only 20 in the band.  For 1991, over 130 people TRIED OUT for the
80 spots.  Not many people can claim 80 members for their hockey band.

Not to say we're the best, I would have to say that MSU , NMU, and MTU
bands are very, very good.  Cornell may be good, but they were very,
very rude along with their fans.

Later this week I will be returning to Ann Arbor to hear the largest?
hockey band in the country.

And for those who think this does not belong on HOCKEY-L, remember that
college athletics is more than just the sport - it's the spectacle
and the aura surrounding it.  I think it's time for fan wars now -
my vote goes to Bowling Green for the best fans in the country.

[log in to unmask] -- Mike Burger