From:
MC Blanchard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MC Blanchard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 1996 22:22:19 -0500
Laurie Sefton wrote:

>As far as I can tell, the NCAA doesn't want to operate on the assumption of
>innocence until proven otherwise (not that they have to, but one might
>think that they would try to reflect some of the better qualities of the
>judicial system in the US) and if they've decided to start pounding on
>Minnesota, well, there isn't much short of a class action suit by the
>universities who feel that they have been wronged by the "stewardship" of
>the NCAA to stop this ugly business.

I don't see where this investigation constitutes "pounding on Minnesota."
Any payment from a coach to a (former) player would be something that a
reasonable person might question as being suspect. I would seem naive to me
to think otherwise.

Apparently even the University agrees, given the reported sanctions they
have imposed on Woog and the program.

Mike Blanchard