From:
Anthony Frolik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anthony Frolik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 1996 06:59:35 -0500
In a short article in today's (04/16/96) Duluth News-Tribune, both Bruce
McLeod, WCHA commissioner, and Rick Comley, NMU coach and AD, said that NMU
is exploring the possibilities, but as of now, they are not leaving.
McLeod said that the WCHA has models in place to cover what might happen if
NMU or MTU, also rumored to be leaving the WCHA for the CCHA, should leave
the league.  Mankato State and Nebraska-Omaha want to join the WCHA, McLeod
said, "but we at this time have told them not to apply."

TF

--
Anthony J. Frolik                            University of Minnesota Duluth
Go Bulldogs!                                  16-15-1 WCHA, 20-17-1 Overall