From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 1991 23:51:14 EST
Neither Dave Capuano nor his brother Jack ever played at Michigan.  Both
are from Cranston, RI, and both played for the Black Bears.  Their cousin,
Dean, is a sophomore defenseman for Providence this season, but he hasn't
seen much time.

I had seen the name Capuano in the Det-USA box and thought if anyone, it
would have been Jack (a defenseman).  When it rains, it pours!  As if Dave
Peterson didn't already have a tough decision on which forwards to cut,
now Dave Capuano (44 pts in 61 games for Vancouver last year) has to be
factored in.  But it can only make the team stronger.

And the news that Stauber is ready to join the team really makes this look
like the strongest USA squad yet.  A couple of months ago, I said I thought
1988 was a better all-around team.  The recent additions have changed my mind.