From:
Tim Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 1996 12:29:14 -0500
Lake Superior State University is what it is today because of the efforts
of many people. Chief among them is Dr. Kenneth Shouldice. His
leadership, vision and lobbying abilities were incredible, and without
them, who knows where we'd be today. He, and others like Ronald "Bud"
Cooper, retired AD, worked long and hard to get the Norris Center built.
(As many of you are aware, we have just completed a major
renovation/expansion of the Norris Center, and like to think that the
newly designated Clarence "Taffy" Abel Arena is one of the finest
facilities for college hockey anywhere.) They also had the energy and
drive to help lay the groundwork for the Lakers to rise to the level
of national prominence the program enjoys today.

Lake State has honored Dr. Shouldice, our library was named for him
several years ago. His loss is a sad day for all of us in the LSSU
family. He may be gone, but he will never be forgotten.

Tim Hall '88
Lake Superior State University