From:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 1996 03:47:43 GMT
In article <v0151010bad39ea69f0c3@[10.0.2.15]>,
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I believe that would be CW Post on Long Island.  From what I have heard, CW
>Post has a new (on-campus?) rink that is being used as the Islanders'
>training facility, and the university is interested in establishing a DivI
>hockey program.
>

>I'm also curious about Canisius.  They've gotten quite a bit better in
>recent years and could be a candidate to go to full-time DivI.  But I am
>not sure what the climate is like at Canisius for such a move.
>
>If the ECAC accepted both schools and kept its current schedule format,
>that would give teams 13x2=26 conference games.  This would probably be a
>problem for the Ivies who limit themselves to 29 games overall.  It will be
>interesting to see what will happen - first, if these schools do apply to
>the ECAC; second, if they are accepted; and third, what they will do if
>they are not accepted.

Here's an interesting scenario.  Do we see the inklings of another major
Division I conference?  Let's face it, these schools already play each
other at the present time, is another conference on it's way?

Teams like Niagara, Villanova, UConn, Canisius, Iona, Army and so forth?

* Jayson Moy  RPI '89 '93  *  One of the Voices of Rensselaer Engineer      *
* [log in to unmask]             *  Hockey, Baseball, Football, and Basketball    *
* The "Asian Invasion"     *  on Crystal Clear 91.5FM  WRPI, Troy *EASM*    *
* Check out the WRPI Sports Web Pages on:                                   *
*           http://www.rpi.edu/~stuttk/wrpispts.html                        *