From:
Gregory Earl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 1996 00:30:54 EST
I don't know much about ths game since I did not see it, but for one
to blame it on the officating looks like one is trying to cover up the
fact that their team lost.....Offical only call what they see. If the
offical saw an elbow and called it then saw an interference play then
he has to call that. A lot of penalties in college hockey are judgement
calls, especially icing. I have seen a lot of college hockey in my lifetime
and I have seen numerous times where icing could have been called bur
> was waved off for a reason or another.
But it appears as though some Gopher fans are looking for excuses. The
officals have no reason to call penalties against one team. Some days
it just seems that all the ofical sees are the penalites against your
team, but Ibet if you look at the overall statistics of the game and
count up the number of penalties for each team you would be amazed at
how close the number of call for each team actually was...!!
Just confes that your team didn't come out to play..