From:
Nathan Boyle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 1996 22:35:24 -0500
Sometimes you just get a new computer toy that makes you stair at the
screen and say WOW.  I just dl'ed the software needed to run real-time
audio via the internet.  As I write this I'm hearing some show called
Farrel on the Bench.......on a Dallas radio station.  I think this is
great stuff.  It is so choice, if you have the means, I highly recommend
picking it up!  The audio is rough, but I'm running it on a MAC LC III
with 8 megs of ram.  Dolby B surround sound it is not.  But if you want
to hear some games out of your range it is something.  I actually called
a radio show in Dallas (1-800 number), didn't get on in time though.

Does anyone have that list of schools that have their games broadcast via
the internet?

If you have a mac, or an IBM with the right hardware this is deffinetly
worth a try.

As for the two Refs thread, I say get rid of them all!  If you had six
refs on the ice they couldn't get it right.  :)  Seriously thought, I
prefer the CCHA setup.  The NCAA having two refs was a knee-jerk
reaction to a passing problem, kind of like the FOX superpuck.  :)
With one ref you have ONE and not two people setting the tone for the
game.  The linesmen pick up on that and call accordingly.  As such you do
have time where it looks like nothing is being called.  Hockey is a sport
where you can't call everything.  I would rather have consistent calls
than unbalanced ones.  You can't have an army full of generals.  If you
are going to have two Refs, why not just break down and make all three
Refs and even everything out.

Nathan W.L. Boyle